WordReference English Collocations © 2019
allegianceⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- has [undying, absolute, questionable] allegiance (to)
- Her allegiance is [undying].
- pledge allegiance to the [flag, country, nation, duty]
- swore his allegiance to the [flag]
- my allegiance lies with
- Where does your allegiance lie?
- We will find out where your allegiance lies.
- knows where her allegiance lies
- say the pledge of allegiance (in schools)
- won her allegiance [by, through]
- allegiance and [fidelity, loyalty, support]
- your allegiance should (not) be with
- owe her their allegiance (for)
- accused of allegiance with the enemy
'allegiance' also found in these entries: