WordReference English Collocations © 2019
boilerⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- The boiler is broken.
- need to [fix, repair] the boiler
- need to [get, have] the boiler repaired
- has come to repair the boiler
- [an old, an outdated, a modern] boiler
- [a gas, an electric] boiler
- a central-heating boiler
- a boiler for central heating
- a (hot) water boiler
- the [train's engine's] boiler
- feeding coal into the boiler
- UK: what [a dirty, an ugly] boiler!
- go down to the boiler room
- is down in the boiler room
- call a boiler repairman
- an old boiler engine
'boiler' also found in these entries: