WordReference English Collocations © 2017
buttⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [big, soft, bony, small] butt
- has a [nice, cute, sexy] butt
- a [naked, nude] butt
- [fell down, landed] right on her butt
- [set, sit] your butt down (right now)
- get off your butt and [help, move, do some exercise]
- get your butt [out the chair, out of bed, off the sofa]
- sexually explicit: [slap, bite, squeeze] her butt
- no butts (in line)
- wish I had a butt like [that, hers]
- a quick [kick, push, shove, nudge] in the butt
- a [cigarette, cigar] butt
- threw the butt on the [floor, ground]
- stubbed the butt (out) on [the packet, his shoe]
- the butt of [her cigarette, his cigar]
- the butt of their [jokes, teasing, humor]
- [swung, held, steadied] the butt of his rifle
- In the UK bum or bottom is commonly used instead of butt.
- vulgar, slang: your butt crack is showing
- slang: was butt naked
- the [rams, ewes, oxen] were butting each other
- butt heads with your [boss, parents, friend]
- they keep butting heads
- butted up against the [edge, wall]
- butting into [his business, our affairs, the conversation]
- butt out of my [business]
- don't butt in!
- butt out (of this)!
- butted in front of him
- butted [in, the] line
'butt' also found in these entries: