WordReference English Collocations © 2019
celebrationⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [wedding, birthday, victory, team, religious] celebration
- a [national, local, city] celebration
- a [weeklong, one-day, weekend, short-lived] celebration
- a [simple, quiet, subdued, buoyant, loud] celebration
- the celebration of [freedom, women, democracy, peace]
- throw a celebration for
- This calls for a celebration!
- [That's, this is] all the more reason for a celebration!
- is a time for celebration and [reflection, joy]
- a just cause for celebration
- not in the mood for any celebrations
- Are you going to join [us for, in] the celebration?
- is a celebration of [his life, women's history, our accomplishments]
- What's the [reason, cause, occasion] for the celebration?
- [embraced, cried, leapt, shouted] in celebration
- I don't want to [dampen, ruin] your celebration, but
- Their celebration was [cut short, short lived].
- (organize) a celebration [parade, ceremony, procession]
'celebration' also found in these entries: