WordReference English Collocations © 2017
cupboardⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [kitchen, storeroom] cupboards
- the [food, candy, cleaning products, plate, dish] cupboard
- The kitchen has [oak, cherry] cupboards.
- [matching, adjoining, adjacent] cupboards
- [build, make, install, fit, fix] a cupboard
- That cupboard is for [plates, glasses] (only).
- Which cupboard do you keep your [plates] in?
- Which cupboard does this go in?
- They're in the [washing, airing] cupboard.
- a cupboard with [adjustable, fixed, sliding] shelves
- the cupboard [over, by, next to, above, under]
- the cupboard [on, to] the [right] of
- UK: it's [just, only] cupboard love
- the cupboard [door, handle]
- the cupboard door has [broken, come loose]
- the cupboard handle has [snapped, come off]
- [snapped] the cupboard handle
- [open, closed, broke] the cupboard door
'cupboard' also found in these entries: