WordReference English Collocations © 2019
fairyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [land, kingdom, tale] of fairies
- the evil fairy cast a spell
- the evil fairy cursed the [village, princess]
- [doesn't, don't] believe in fairies (any longer)
- no longer believe in fairies
- [forest, tree] fairies
- fairies in the [forest]
- left his tooth for the tooth fairy
- got a [dollar, treat] from the tooth fairy
- offensive, slang: don't be such a fairy!
- offensive, slang: is always acting like a fairy
- offensive, slang: is always such a fairy
- offensive, slang: what are you, a fairy?
- offensive, slang: shut up, fairy!
- [read, learn, watch] fairy tales
- fairy tale [endings, characters, baddies]
- fairy tales at bedtime
- is the fairy [princess, godmother]
- UK: [make, bake] fairy cakes
- [put up the, decorate with] fairy lights
- a [twinkling, sprinkling] of fairy dust
'fairy' also found in these entries: