WordReference English Collocations © 2017
happyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a happy [child, family, couple, customer, wife]
- happy birthday (to you)!
- Happy [Thanksgiving, New Year, holidays, Halloween]!
- a happy [occasion, atmosphere, event]
- was a happy [accident, coincidence]
- a happy [ending, solution] (to)
- happy [hours, times, days, shopping]
- spent many happy [hours] [there, reminiscing]
- in a happy [mood, frame of mind]
- [sing, whistle, hum] a happy tune
- was (not) happy with her [salary, lot, life]
- are you happy with that?
- happy (that) you [like it, think so]
- is happy about [having, learning, being offered]
- [I could never, how can you] be happy knowing (that)
- am [really, genuinely, very] happy for her
- was happy to [read, see, learn, find, get]
- would be happy to [meet, help, take] you
- [have, has, had] never been happier
- is the happiest I have seen you in [years, ages]
- slang: happy [slapping, slappers]
- [very, wildly, deliriously, so, not] happy
- UK: and they [were, lived] happy ever after
- [trigger, gadget, slap] -happy
'happy' also found in these entries:
accident - accommodate - advise - altogether - appetizer - be - belated - birthday - both - carefree - cheerful - childhood - choice - clover - content - couple - customer - discuss - drink - ending - entirely - exist - express - extremely - face - feel - forever - glad - glass - healthy - help - holiday - hour - indeed - introduce - joyful - key - lately - life - long - lot - lover - marriage - medium - naturally - not - only - otherwise - placement - presume