WordReference English Collocations © 2017
madamⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- Madam [President, First Lady, Speaker]
- Dear (Sir or) Madam
- [start, open, begin] the letter with "Dear Madam"
- Can I help you, madam?
- UK: And what would madam like to [drink, order]?
- please, [come, step, walk] this way, madam
- Are you being [attended to, served], madam?
- I'm sorry, madam, but [you can't, we don't]
- excuse me, madam, [can, would] you
- UK, informal: she's a [real, proper, true] little madam!
- the [brothel, strip club] madam
'madam' also found in these entries: