WordReference English Collocations © 2019
slyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a sly [woman, man, person, individual]
- (as) sly as a fox
- you sly old [devil, fox]!
- with a sly [nature, character]
- a sly [plan, idea, ploy, approach] (to)
- that was a sly move!
- made a sly [comment, reference, remark]
- need to be sly if you want to
- made sly [digs, pokes] at
- was a sly [look, glint, twinkle] in his eyes
- gave them a sly [look, glance, grin]
- had a sly [expression, look, smile] on her face
- was sly and [fooled, hoodwinked, outsmarted] everyone
- a sly [humor, satire, comedy]
'sly' also found in these entries: