- Advance Purchase Excursion: a reduced airline or long-distance rail fare that must be paid a specified number of days in advance
- (in Britain) Association of Professional, Executive, Clerical, and Computer Staff
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- /ˈeɪpəˌsiz, ˈæpə-/.USA pronunciation
- the highest point;
summit:the apex of a mountain; the apex of a career.
- the tip or point: the apex of the tongue.
(ā′pə sēz′, ap′ə-).USA pronunciation
- the tip, point, or vertex;
acme:His election to the presidency was the apex of his career.
- [Astron.]See solar apex.
APEX (ā′peks),USA pronunciation
A(dvance) P(urchase) Ex(cursion)]
- the highest point; vertex
- the pointed end or tip of something
- a pinnacle or high point, as of a career, etc