- the final battle at the end of the world between the forces of good and evil, God against the kings of the earth (Revelation 16:16)
- a catastrophic and extremely destructive conflict, esp World War I viewed as this
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Biblethe place where the final battle between good and evil will be fought.
- [armageddon] any large-scale and decisive or final conflict.
- Biblethe place where the final battle will be fought between the forces of good and evil (probably so called in reference to the battlefield of Megiddo. Rev. 16:16).
- the last and completely destructive battle:The arms race can lead to Armageddon.
- any great and crucial conflict.