WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
(bab′ə lō′nē ən, -lōn′yən),USA pronunciation adj. Also, Babylonish.
- of or pertaining to Babylon or Babylonia.
- extremely luxurious.
- Language Varietiesan inhabitant of ancient Babylonia.
- Language Varietiesthe dialect of Akkadian spoken in Babylonia. Cf. Akkadian (def. 1).
- Babyloni(a) + -an 1555–65
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Babylonian /ˌbæbɪˈləʊnɪən/ n
- an inhabitant of ancient Babylon or Babylonia
- the extinct language of Babylonia, belonging to the E Semitic subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic family: a dialect of Akkadian
- of, relating to, or characteristic of ancient Babylon or Babylonia, its people, or their language
- decadent or depraved
'Babylonian' also found in these entries: