WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
(bôl′tik),USA pronunciation adj.
- Language Varietiesof, near, or on the Baltic Sea.
- Language Varietiesof or pertaining to the Baltic States.
- Language Varietiesof or pertaining to a group of languages, as Latvian, Lithuanian, and Old Prussian, that constitute a branch of the Indo-European family.
- Language Varietiesthe Baltic branch of the Indo-European family of languages.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Baltic /ˈbɔːltɪk/ adj
- denoting or relating to the Baltic Sea or the Baltic States
- of, denoting, or characteristic of Baltic as a group of languages
- Brit informal extremely cold
- a branch of the Indo-European family of languages consisting of Lithuanian, Latvian, and Old Prussian
- short for Baltic Sea
- Also called: Baltic Exchange an international market for shipbrokers in the City of London: formerly housed in the Baltic Exchange building which was demolished after terrorist bomb damage in 1992
'Baltic' also found in these entries: