- Austral a large male kangaroo
- Austral NZ informal anything exceptionally large
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- a person or thing that booms.
- a person who settles in areas or towns that are booming.
- Informal TermsSee baby boomer.
- Informal Termsa wandering or migratory worker;
- Businessa period of sudden and decisive economic growth:July was a boomer for the retail trade.
- Informal Termsa person, fad, etc., that enjoys a brief popularity or financial success:A new group of boomers made this season's hit record.
- an enthusiastic supporter;
booster:The boomers tell us our town can double its size.
- British Terms[Australian.]a fully grown male kangaroo, esp. a large one.
- boom1 + -er1 1820–30