- Sir Matthew, known as Matt. 1909–94, British footballer. He managed Manchester United (1946–69)
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Clothinga tall military hat of fur or feathers.
- Clothinga tall fur hat with a baglike ornament hanging from the top over the right side.
- Clothingthe bearskin hat worn by certain British guardsmen.
- 1755–65; origin, originally, a bushy wig; of obscure origin, originally
- a tall fur helmet with a bag hanging from the top to the right side, worn by certain soldiers, usually hussars, as in the British Army
- (not in official usage) another name for bearskin