- (sometimes not capital) the feudal code of the Japanese samurai, stressing self-discipline, courage and loyalty
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- World History(in feudal Japan) the code of the samurai, stressing unquestioning loyalty and obedience and valuing honor above life. Also, bu′shi•do.
- Middle Chinese; see judo)
- Middle Chinese, equivalent. to Chinese wû military + shì gentleman) + dō way (
- Japanese bushidō, equivalent. to bushi warrior (