WordReference can't find this exact phrase, but click on each word to see its meaning:
We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for "Christian" is displayed below.
Also see: religion
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
Chris•tian /ˈkrɪstʃən/USA pronunciation
adj. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Religionof, relating to, or derived from Jesus Christ or His teachings:Christian ideals.
- Religionof, relating to, or belonging to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ:a southern Christian church.
- Religionexhibiting a spirit proper to a follower of Jesus Christ:a Christian attitude toward her enemies.
- Religiona person who professes belief in Jesus Christ;
an adherent of Christianity.
- Religiona person who exemplifies the teachings of Christ:a real Christian to us in our time of need.
(kris′chən),USA pronunciation adj.
- Religionof, pertaining to, or derived from Jesus Christ or His teachings:a Christian faith.
- Religionof, pertaining to, believing in, or belonging to the religion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ:Spain is a Christian country.
- Religionof or pertaining to Christians:many Christian deaths in the Crusades.
- Religionexhibiting a spirit proper to a follower of Jesus Christ;
Christlike:She displayed true Christian charity.
respectable:They gave him a good Christian burial.
humane:Such behavior isn't Christian.
- Religiona person who believes in Jesus Christ;
adherent of Christianity.
- Religiona person who exemplifies in his or her life the teachings of Christ:He died like a true Christian.
- Religiona member of any of certain Protestant churches, as the Disciples of Christ and the Plymouth Brethren.
- Literaturethe hero of Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress.
- a male given name.
- Latin, as above
- Latin -iānus -ian; replacing Middle English, Old English cristen
- Greek Chrīstiānós, equivalent. to Chrīst(ós) Christ + -iānos
- Latin Chrīstiānus
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Christian /ˈkrɪstʃən/ n
- a person who believes in and follows Jesus Christ
- a member of a Christian Church or denomination
- informal a person who possesses Christian virtues, esp practical ones
ˈChristianly adj , adv
- of, relating to, or derived from Jesus Christ, his teachings, example, or his followers
- (sometimes not capital) exhibiting kindness or goodness
Christian /ˈkrɪstʃən/ n
- Charlie. 1919–42, US jazz guitarist
'Christian religion' also found in these entries: