- the Christian religion
- Christian beliefs, practices or attitudes
- a less common word for Christendom
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Religionthe Christian religion, including the Catholic, Protestant, Eastern, and Orthodox churches.
- ReligionChristian beliefs or practices.
- Religion Christendom.
- Religionthe Christian religion, including the Catholic, Protestant, and Eastern Orthodox churches.
- ReligionChristian beliefs or practices;
Christian quality or character:Christianity mixed with pagan elements; the Christianity of Augustine's thought.
- Religiona particular Christian religious system:She followed fundamentalist Christianity.
- Religionthe state of being a Christian.
- Religionconformity to the Christian religion or to its beliefs or practices.
- Latin, as above
- Middle French
- Latin chrīstiānitāt- (stem of chrīstiānitās), equivalent. to chrīstiān- Christian + -itāt- -ity; replacing Middle English cristiente
- Middle English cristianite 1250–1300