- Alexandre (alɛksɑ̃drə), known as Dumas père. 1802–70, French novelist and dramatist, noted for his historical romances The Count of Monte Cristo (1844) and The Three Musketeers (1844)
- his son, Alexandre, known as Dumas fils. 1824–95, French novelist and dramatist, noted esp for the play he adapted from an earlier novel, La Dame aux camélias (1852)
- Jean-Baptiste André (ʒɑ̃batist ɑ̃dre). 1800–84, French chemist, noted for his research on vapour density and atomic weight
- Marlene. born 1953, South African painter; especially of expressionist portraits and nudes
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Place Namesa town in N Texas. 12,194.