- Chris(tine). born 1954, US tennis player: Wimbledon champion 1974, 1976, and 1981; US champion 1975–78, 1980, and 1982
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- to turn outward or inside out.
- Latin ēvertere to overturn, equivalent. to ē- e- + vertere to turn
- 1375–1425 for earlier past participle sense; 1795–1805 for current sense; late Middle English
Ev•ert (ev′ərt),USA pronunciation n.
- (transitive) to turn (an eyelid, the intestines, or some other bodily part) outwards or inside out
eˈversible adj eˈversion n