- Jean (ʒɑ̃). 1910–86, French dramatist and novelist; his novels include Notre-Dame des Fleurs (1944) and his plays Les Bonnes (1947) and Le Balcon (1956)
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Mammalsany small, Old World carnivore of the genus Genetta, esp. G. genetta, having spotted sides and a ringed tail.
- the fur of such an animal.
- Arabic jarnait
- Old French genette
- late Middle English 1375–1425
gen•et2 ( jen′it),USA pronunciation n.
- Animal Husbandryjennet.
Ge•net (zhə nā′; Fr. zhə ne′),USA pronunciation n.
- Mammalsa female donkey.
- Mammals, Dog and Cat Breedsa small Spanish horse.
- Spanish Arabic zinētī, dialect, dialectal variant of zanātī pertaining to the Zenete tribe (of Berbers), after Zanātah the Zenetes
- Catalan, variant of ginet horse of the Zenete kind
- Middle French genet
- late Middle English 1425–75
- any agile catlike viverrine mammal of the genus Genetta, inhabiting wooded regions of Africa and S Europe, having an elongated head, thick spotted or blotched fur, and a very long tail
- the fur of such an animal
- an obsolete spelling of jennet
- a small Spanish riding horse