- Language Varietiesof or pertaining to Greece, the Greeks, or their language.
- Religionpertaining to the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Linguisticsnoting or pertaining to the alphabetical script derived from a Semitic form of writing and employing some letters that originally represented consonants for vowel sounds, which was used from about the beginning of the first millennium b.c. for the writing of Greek, and from which the Latin, Cyrillic, and other alphabets were derived.
- Language Varietiesa native or inhabitant of Greece.
- Language Varietiesthe language of the ancient Greeks and any of the languages that have developed from it, as Hellenistic Greek, Biblical Greek, the Koine, and Modern Greek. Abbr.: Gk, Gk.
- Informal Terms[Informal.]anything unintelligible, as speech, writing, etc.:This contract is Greek to me.
- Religiona member of the Greek Church.
- Language VarietiesHellenic (def. 3).
- a person who belongs to a Greek-letter fraternity or sorority.
- [Archaic.]a cheater, esp. one who cheats at cards: usually considered offensive.
Old English Grēcas (plural) Latin Graecī the Greeks (nominative plural of Graecus) Greek Graikoí, plural of Graikós Greek