WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2014
I•ra•ni•an /ɪˈreɪniən, ɪˈrɑ-, aɪˈreɪ-/USA pronunciation adj.
- of or relating to Iran.
- a person born or living in Iran.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Iranian /ɪˈreɪnɪən/ n
- a native, citizen, or inhabitant of Iran
- a branch of the Indo-European family of languages, divided into West Iranian (including Old Persian, Pahlavi, modern Persian, Kurdish, Baluchi, and Tajik) and East Iranian (including Avestan, Sogdian, Pashto, and Ossetic)
- Also: Persian, Farsi the modern Persian language
- relating to, denoting, or characteristic of Iran, its inhabitants, or their language; Persian
- belonging to or relating to the Iranian branch of Indo-European
'Iranian' also found in these entries:
In the English description: