- another word for moonlight
- US Canadian illegally distilled or smuggled whisky or other spirit
- foolish talk or thought
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
- Informal Terms[Informal.]smuggled or illegally produced liquor.
- empty or foolish talk;
- Informal Terms[Informal.]smuggled or illicitly distilled liquor, esp. corn liquor as illicitly distilled chiefly in rural areas of the southern U.S.
- empty or foolish talk, ideas, etc.;
- the light of the moon;
- late Middle English: moonlight. See moon, shine 1375–1425