- a city in the US, in Florida: site of Walt Disney World. Pop: 199 336 (2003 est)
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Place Namesa city in central Florida: resort. 128,394.
- a male given name, form of Roland.
- Literature, MythologyItalian, Orlando. the greatest of the paladins in the Charlemagne cycle of the chansons de geste, renowned for his prowess and the manner of his death in the battle of Roncesvalles (a.d.778), also for his five days' combat with Oliver in which neither was the victor.
- a Roland for an Oliver, retaliation or a retort equal to its provocation;
a blow for a blow.
- a male given name: from Germanic words meaning "glory'' and "land.''