ⓘ One or more forum threads is an exact match of your searched term. Click here
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
(stä′lin, -lēn, stal′in; Russ. stä′lyin),USA pronunciation n.
- BiographicalJoseph V. (Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili or Dzugashvili), 1879–1953, Soviet political leader: secretary general of the Communist party 1922–53;
premier of the U.S.S.R. 1941–53.
- Place Namesa former name of Donetsk.
- Place Namesformer name of Varna.
- Place Namesformer name of Braşov.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
Stalin /ˈstɑːlɪn/ n
- Also called: Stalino
a former name (from after the Revolution until 1961) of Donetsk
- the former name (1950–61) of Braşov
- the former name (1949–56) of Varna
'Stalin' also found in these entries: