- Mount Whitney ⇒ a mountain in E California: the highest peak in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and in continental US (excluding Alaska). Height: 4418 m (14 495 ft)
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- BiographicalEli, 1765–1825, U.S. manufacturer and inventor.
- BiographicalJohn Hay, 1904–82, U.S. diplomat and newspaper publisher.
- BiographicalJosiah Dwight, 1819–96, U.S. geologist.
- BiographicalWilliam Dwight, 1827–94, U.S. philologist and lexicographer (brother of Josiah Dwight).
- Place NamesMount, a mountain in E California, in the Sierra Nevada. 14,495 ft. (4418 m).
- a male given name.
- Eli. 1765–1825, US inventor of a mechanical cotton gin (1793) and pioneer manufacturer of interchangeable parts
- William Dwight. 1827–94, US philologist, noted esp for his Sanskrit Grammar (1879)