- any shrub or tree of the tropical and subtropical leguminous genus Acacia, having compound or reduced leaves and small yellow or white flowers in dense inflorescences
- gum acacia ⇒
another name for gum arabic
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Plant Biologya small tree or shrub with clusters of small yellow flowers.
- Plant Biologya small tree or shrub belonging to the genus Acacia, of the mimosa family, having clusters of small yellow flowers.
- Plant Biologyany of several other plants, as the locust tree.
- See gum arabic.
- Greek akakía Egyptian thorn