- the act or process of aggregating
- dispersion in which the individuals of a species are closer together than if they were randomly dispersed
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- a group or mass of distinct or varied things, persons, etc.:an aggregation of complainants.
- collection into an unorganized whole.
- the state of being so collected.
- Ecology[Biol., Ecol.]a group of organisms of the same or different species living closely together but less integrated than a society.
- Medieval Latin aggregātiōn- (stem of aggregātiō); see aggregate, -ion