- a department in E central France, in Rhône-Alpes region. Capital: Bourg. Pop: 539 006 (2003 est). Area: 5785 sq km (2256 sq miles)
- a river in E France, rising in the Jura Mountains and flowing south to the Rhône. Length: 190 km (118 miles)
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Scottish Termsown.
- 1700–25; representing Old English ǣgen or Old Norse eiginn; replacing Middle English (Scots) awyn, awne, Old English āgen; see own
Ain (an),USA pronunciation n.
- Place Namesa department in E France. 376,477;
2249 sq. mi. (5825 sq. km). Cap.: Bourg.
‘ain (īn, ān),USA pronunciation n.
- the 18th letter of the Arabic alphabet.
- the voiced pharyngeal constrictive consonant represented by this letter.
- Arabic ‘ayn