- to walk at a leisurely relaxed pace
- (of a horse) to move slowly, lifting both legs on one side together
- to ride a horse at an amble or leisurely pace
- a leisurely motion in walking
- a leisurely walk
- the ambling gait of a horse
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
am•ble /ˈæmbəl/USA pronunciation v., -bled, -bling, n.WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2016
v. [no object]
v., -bled, -bling, n.
1 . ramble, meander.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
amble /ˈæmbəl/ vb (intransitive)
Forum discussions with the word(s) "ambled" in the title:
Look up "ambled" at Merriam-Webster
Look up "ambled" at dictionary.com