- to walk at a leisurely relaxed pace
- (of a horse) to move slowly, lifting both legs on one side together
- to ride a horse at an amble or leisurely pace
- a leisurely motion in walking
- a leisurely walk
- the ambling gait of a horse
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
am•ble /ˈæmbəl/USA pronunciation v., -bled, -bling,n.
v. [no object]
saunter:She ambled along the seashore.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
amble /ˈæmbəl/ vb (intransitive)