- the long soft hair of the outer coat of the Angora goat or the fur of the Angora rabbit
- yarn, cloth, or clothing made from this hair
- (as modifier): an angora sweater
See also mohair
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2016
- Dog and Cat Breeds[countable] one of a breed of long-haired cats, goats, or rabbits.
often: angora] the long hair of the Angora goat or of the Angora rabbit.
usually: angora] a garment made from this.
- Textiles made from angora[usually: angora]an angora hat.
- Dog and Cat BreedsSee Angora cat.
- Textiles(often l.c.) Also,Angora wool. the hair of the Angora goat or of the Angora rabbit.
- Textiles(often l.c.) yarn, fabric, or a garment made from this hair.
- Place NamesAnkara.
- MammalsSee Angora goat.
- MammalsSee Angora rabbit.
- Textiles(usually l.c.) made from a yarn or fabric of the hairs of the Angora goat or Angora rabbit:an angora sweater.
- variant of Ankara 1825–35