- regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2017
- Philosophy, Sociologytending to believe that human beings are the central fact of the universe and to interpret everything in terms of human experience and values.
an•thro•po•cen•trism, n. [uncountable]See -anthro-.
- Philosophyregarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- Sociologyassuming human beings to be the final aim and end of the universe.
- Philosophyviewing and interpreting everything in terms of human experience and values.
- anthropo- + -centric 1860–65