- a Parisian gangster or ruffian
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
(ə pä′shiz, ə pash′iz; Fr. a pash′).USA pronunciation
- a Parisian gangster, rowdy, or ruffian.
- French: Apache
- 1735–45, American.
A•pach•e (ə pach′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. A•pach•es, (esp. collectively) A•pach•e.
- Language Varietiesa member of an Athabaskan people of the southwestern U.S.
- Language Varietiesany of the several Athabaskan languages of Arizona and the Rio Grande basin.
- Militarya two-man U.S. Army helicopter designed to attack enemy armor with rockets or a 30mm gun and equipped for use in bad weather and in darkness.
- Zuni ʔa·paču Navajos, presumably applied formerly to the Apacheans (Navajos and Apaches) generally
- Mexican Spanish, perh.
- ( pl Apaches, Apache) a member of a North American Indian people, formerly nomadic and warlike, inhabiting the southwestern US and N Mexico
- the language of this people, belonging to the Athapascan group of the Na-Dene phylum