- a body of separate additional material at the end of a book, magazine, etc, esp one that is documentary or explanatory
- any part that is dependent or supplementary in nature or function; appendage
- See vermiform appendix
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2014
- /-dəˌsiz/.USA pronunciation
- additional or extra material at the end of a text:An appendix to the grammar table lists all the place names that take "the'' in English, like "United States''.
- any additional or extra part;
- an outgrowth on the large intestine, shaped like a worm. See -pend-.