- a member of the aristocracy; a noble
- a person who has the manners or qualities of a member of a privileged or superior class
- a person who advocates aristocracy as a form of government
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Governmenta member of an aristocracy.
a•ris•to•crat•i•cal•ly , adv.
- Governmenta member of an aristocracy, esp. a noble.
- Governmenta person who has the tastes, manners, etc., characteristic of members of an aristocracy.
- Governmentan advocate of an aristocratic form of government.
- anything regarded as the best, most elegant, or most stylish of its kind:the aristocrat of California wines.
- French aristocrate, back formation from aristocratie aristocracy
- 1.See corresponding entry in Unabridged patrician, peer, lord.