- a number of things or persons assembled together; collection; assembly
- the act or process of assembling or the state of being assembled
- /ˌæsəmˈblɑːʒ/ a three-dimensional work of art that combines various objects into an integrated whole
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- a group of persons or things:[countable]a great assemblage for the royal wedding.
- [uncountable] the act of assembling or the state of being assembled.
- a group of persons or things gathered or collected;
- the act of assembling;
state of being assembled.
- Fine Art
- a sculptural technique of organizing or composing into a unified whole a group of unrelated and often fragmentary or discarded objects.
- a work of art produced by this technique. Cf. collage, found object, ready-made (def. 4).
- Archaeologythe aggregate of artifacts and other remains found on a site, considered as material evidence in support of a theory concerning the culture or cultures inhabiting it.
- French; see assemble, -age