- three asterisks arranged in a triangle (⁂ or ???), to draw attention to the text that follows
- a cluster of stars, which may be a subset or a superset of a constellation
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- a group of stars.
- a constellation.
- [Mineral.]a property of some crystallized minerals of showing a starlike luminous figure in transmitted light or, in a cabochon-cut stone, by reflected light.
- three asterisks (&astlowastast;
) printed to draw attention to a passage it precedes.
- Greek asterism(ós) a marking with stars. See asterisk, -ism