- the act, power, or quality of attracting
- a person or thing that attracts or is intended to attract
- a force by which one object attracts another, such as the gravitational or electrostatic force
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
- [uncountable] the act, power, or property of attracting.
- [uncountable] attractive quality;
magnetic charm:exerted a great attraction over the crowd.
- [countable] a characteristic or quality that provides pleasure; attractive feature:tourist attractions.
- Physics[uncountable] the electric or magnetic force that acts between oppositely charged bodies.