- something of little value or significance; trifle
- a board game in which balls are struck into holes, with pins as obstacles; pinball
- a short light piece of music, esp for piano
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- something of little value or importance;
- Gamesa game played on a board having holes at one end into which balls are to be struck with a cue.
- Music and Dancea short and light musical composition, typically for the piano.
- Latin -illa diminutive suffix
- Latin bāca; cf bay4) + -att(a) diminutive suffix) + -ella
- Upper Italian bagat(t)ella, equivalent. to bagatt(a) small possession (perh. bag(a) berry (