- a loose-fitting garment of towelling, for wear before or after a bath or swimming
- US Canadian a dressing gown
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Clothinga loose, coatlike garment worn before and after a bath or swimming, over sleepwear, or as casual clothing at home.
- Clothinga long, loose, coat-like garment, often tied with a belt of the same material, worn before and after a bath, over sleepwear, or as leisure wear at home.
- bath1 + robe 1900–05, American.