- a person who searches shore debris for anything of worth, esp a vagrant living on a beach
- Canadian (in British Columbia) a person who is paid for salvaging loose logs and returning them to logging companies
- a long high wave rolling onto a beach
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- a person who gathers or collects for sale items from beaches, like driftwood, shells, etc.
- a person who lives by gathering salable articles of jetsam, refuse, etc., from beaches.
- a vagrant who lives on the seashore, esp. a nonnative person living in such a way on a South Pacific island.
- a long wave rolling in from the ocean onto the beach.
- beach + comber 1830–40