- a small cloth bag filled with dried beans and thrown in games
- Also called: sag bag a very large cushion loosely filled with foam rubber or polystyrene granules so that it moulds into a comfortable shape: used as an informal low seat
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Gamesa small cloth bag filled with dried beans, as for tossing in various children's games.
- Gamesany such game.
- any similar bag used as a cushion or support, as the base for an ashtray, etc.
- FurnitureAlso called bean′bag chair′. a large, soft, frameless chair resembling a beanbag, typically a clothlike plastic shell, filled with plastic chips, that molds itself readily to the contours of the occupant.
- bean + bag 1870–75