- a woman's very brief two-piece swimming costume
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Clothinga very small two-piece bathing suit for women or a one-piece bathing suit for men.
- ClothingOften, bikinis. [plural] underpants fitted low on the hip.
- Clothinga very brief, close-fitting, two-piece bathing suit for women or girls.
- Clothinga very brief, close-fitting pair of bathing trunks for men or boys.
- ClothingOften, bikinis. underwear briefs that are fitted low on the hip or below it.
- French, apparently named after Bikini
Bi•ki•ni (bi kē′nē),USA pronunciation n.
- Place Namesan atoll in the N Pacific, in the Marshall Islands: atomic bomb tests 1946. 3 sq. mi. (8 sq. km).
- an atoll in the N Pacific; one of the Marshall Islands: site of a US atomic-bomb test in 1946