- one who bowls in cricket
- a player at the game of bowls
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Sporta person who bowls.
- SportCricket. the player who throws the ball to be played by the batsman.
bowl•er2 /ˈboʊlɚ/USA pronunciation n.
- Sporta person who bowls, esp. a participant in a bowling game, as candlepins or tenpins.
- Sport[Cricket.]the player who throws the ball to be played by the batsman.
- bowl2 + -er1 1490–1500
bowl•er2 (bō′lər),USA pronunciation n. [Chiefly Brit.]
- British Terms, Clothingderby (def. 5).
- bowl1 + -er1 1860–65
- a stiff felt hat with a rounded crown and narrow curved brim
US and Canadian name: derby