- a less common spelling of brazier1
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
- a metal container for holding coals or other fuel, used for cooking or for heating a room.
- a metal receptacle for holding live coals or other fuel, as for heating a room.
- Fooda simple cooking device consisting of a container of live coals covered by a grill or thin metal top upon which the food, usually meat, is placed.
- French. See braise, -er2
- earlier brasier 1680–90
bra•zier2 (brā′zhər),USA pronunciation n.
- a person who makes articles of brass.
- Middle English brasier, equivalent. to Old English bræsi(an) to work in brass + -er -er1 1275–1325
- a person engaged in brass-working or brass-founding
- a portable metal receptacle for burning charcoal or coal, used for cooking, heating, etc