WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2017
(bŏŏl′shit′),USA pronunciation n., v., -shit•ted or -shit, -shit•ting, interj. [Slang](vulgar) .n.
- Slang Termsnonsense, lies, or exaggeration.
- Slang Termsto lie or exaggerate to.
- Slang Termsto speak lies or nonsense.
- Slang Terms(used esp. to express disagreement.)
- bull1 (perh. reinforced by bull3) + shit 1910–15
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
bullshit /ˈbʊlʃɪt/ slang n
vb ( -shits, -shitting, -shitted)
- exaggerated or foolish talk; nonsense
- deceitful or pretentious talk
- (in the British Army) exaggerated zeal, esp for ceremonial drill, cleaning, polishing, etc
Usually shortened to: bull
- (intransitive) to talk in an exaggerated or foolish manner
- to talk bullshit to
'bullshit' also found in these entries: