- a long narrow light rowing skiff used on the Bosporus
- a sailing vessel of the E Mediterranean with a sprit mainsail, square topsail, and two or more jibs or other sails
WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Nautical, Naval Termsa single-masted sailing vessel used on the eastern Mediterranean Sea, having a sprit mainsail, a square topsail, and two or more other sails.
- Nautical, Naval Termsa long, narrow rowboat used on the Bosporus.
- Turkish kayιk
- Turkish kayιk; replacing caik
- Italian caicco