WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2019
ca•ban•a /kəˈbænə, -ˈbænyə/USA pronunciation
n.[countable], pl. -as. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2019
- Architecturea small cabin or tent for changing one's clothes esp. on a beach or by a swimming pool.
(kə ban′ə, -ban′yə, -bä′nə, -bän′yə),USA pronunciation n.
(Sp. kä vä′nyä).USA pronunciation
- Architecturea small cabin or tentlike structure for use as a bathhouse, esp. on a beach or by a swimming pool.
- Architecturea cabin or cottage.
- Spanish cabaña; see cabin
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
cabana /kəˈbɑːnə/ n
Etymology: from Spanish cabaña: cabin
- chiefly US a tent used as a dressing room by the sea
'cabana' also found in these entries: