WordReference can't translate this exact phrase, but click on each word to see its meaning:
We could not find the full phrase you were looking for.
The entry for "capillary" is displayed below.
WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2015
cap•il•lar•y /ˈkæpəˌlɛri/USA pronunciation
n., pl. -ies,adj.
Anatomyone of the tiny, hairlike blood vessels between the arteries and the veins.
adj. [before a noun]
Physicsof or relating to the attraction or the pushing away between a liquid and a solid:Capillary action causes oil to rise in the wick of a lantern.
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers::
capillary /kəˈpɪlərɪ/ adj
n ( pl -laries)
- resembling a hair; slender
- (of tubes) having a fine bore
- of or relating to any of the delicate thin-walled blood vessels that form an interconnecting network between the arterioles and the venules
- of or relating to capillarity
Etymology: 17th Century: from Latin capillāris, from capillus hair
- any of the capillary blood vessels
- a fine hole or narrow passage in any substance